Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Prayer of Victory Over the Enemy

Father, I call to you for you are worthy of all praise, and you
deliver me from my enemies. When I am in distress, I call to you for
help; you hear my voice. Then the earth trembles and quakes, and
the foundations of the mountains shake because of your anger towards
my enemies. You part the heavens and you come down and mount the
angel and you soar on the wings of the wind to rescue me.

Father, your voice resounds from the heavens as you shoot your
arrows and scatter my enemies. You reach down from on high and you
take hold of me and draw me out of the deep waters. You rescue me
from my powerful enemies, and from those who oppose me, who are
stronger than I am. They confront me in the day of my disaster, but
you, O Lord are my support; you hold me up.

Father, you bring me out into a spacious space. You rescue me
because you delight in me. You deal with me according to my
righteousness. According to the cleanness of my hands, you reward
me; for I always keep your ways. I do not commit evil by turning
away from you. All your laws are before me. I refuse to turn away
from your decrees. I am blameless before you and I keep myself from
sin.

Father, you are faithful to me, as I am faithful to you. I humble
myself before you, and you save me. O Lord, you keep my lamp burning.
You turn my darkness into light. With your help, I can advance
through a troop or scale a wall.

Father, your way is perfect; your word is flawless. You are a
shield for everyone who takes refuge in you. Who is God beside you?
Who is my rock except you? You are the one who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect. You give me the feet of a deer, and cause
me to leap to the high places and stand before you.

Father, you train my hands for battle. Because of you, my arms
can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory. Your
righteous right hand is what sustains me, and you stoop down to make
me great. You broaden the path beneath my feet so that I do not slip
and sprain my ankle.

Father, with your help I pursue my enemies. I will not turn back
until they are all destroyed. I crush them beneath my feet, and they
cannot rise. You arm me with strength for each battle. You make my
adversaries bow at my feet. You make my enemies turn their backs and
run away like cowards, and I destroy them!

Father, you deliver me from the attacks of the people. You make
me the head of nations. People whom I do not know are servants to me.
The Lord lives! I exalt you O God! Praise be to my Rock! You are
the God who avenges me and subdues nations under me.

Father, I will praise you among the nations. I will sing praises
to your name. You give me great victories. You show unfailing
kindness to me because I am your anointed, and to all of my
descendants forever.

Amen, and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment