Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dance of True Love

How beautiful you are, my love, how beautiful!
Your eyes are like those of the doves,
Your lips are like a thread of scarlet
How beautiful is your mouth, my lover, my love.

Rise up, my love, my fair one and come away
For winter is past and the rain is gone;
Yes, Spring is here and flowers are blooming.
Can you not hear the turtle-dove's song?

Call to me, my lover, my love,
Let me hear your lovely voice and see your lovely face.
Before the dawn comes and the shadows flee away
Call to me, my lover, my love; call to me, my love.

I am here in the garden, my darling, my bride!
You are so beautiful, my lover, my love.
You have ravished my heart, my lovely one, my bride!
With one glance of your eyes, I am overcome.

I am here, my beloved; I am the one you desire
Let us go out into the fields and the groves...
And there, I will give you my love.

How sweet is your love, my darling, my bride
How much better it is than fine wine..
The aroma of your love is better than rich spices;
I am yours, my bride, and you are mine.

How beautiful you are, my love, how beautiful!
Your eyes are like those of the doves.
How beautiful are your feet, my lover,
Let us dance the dance of true love.

(Inspired by King Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment