Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Letter From My Father

My child, how pleased I am that you are sitting before Me, in my presence,
with pen and paper, seeking honestly to hear what I have to say.

You and I have had many wonderful times together; it has been quite a journey...but my child, the journey has only begun. We have not come close to what I have for you. I never get ahead of myself and reveal things too soon, or out of context, when it comes to my children.

I see your struggles, your questions, your anxieties, and sometimes my heart hurts for you as you go through life. Be patient, my Child. Keep standing...keep singing....keep rejoicing, keep writing, and walk on. Keep speaking my Word for it is out of your mouth that my praise is perfected.

Search after me as you would a valuable treasure. Be willing to let go of everything this earthly life has to offer, in order to find Me...I am that Pearl
of Great Price, that priceless gem that sparkles in the night. It is through letting go that you can accept change.

As you have learned in my Word, my desire is to transform you from glory to glory. As you submit to change and dare to embrace it, you will progress in Me. You will become more like Me, and more attuned to my Holy Spirit.

Is change painful? Yes, because it is never easy to let go of what is comfortable, even though the comfortable may not be my perfect will.

The only way you can survive the process of change is to do what my Son did, as he hung there on that cross. He focused on what lay before Him...It was the focusing that enabled him to say, "Father, forgive them, because they don't know what they are doing."

He chose to focus on the joy that was to come to all who accept Him, and to not look at the shame and suffering of the cross.

So, My Child, once again, let me say that it pleases me to hear from you. You are a delight to Me.

Keep listening, and keep writing, and I will show you more. I will give you the desires of your heart, for my desires will become your very own.

Your Father,
God

No comments:

Post a Comment