Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chosen to Write Your Heart

Father, I have an unquenchable, burning desire to write for you; but even more, the desire is to write what is on your heart. I cannot do this without knowing you intimately. And Father, I desire to know you more intimately today, than I did yesterday.

I desire to write to those who are weary, to those who are discouraged, and have lost hope. To those who are about to let go of life, my heart’s desire is to not only tell them, “Hang in there; you can make it,” but my strong desire is to show them how to make it by giving them a picture of you,through the words you whisper to me.

Many of your own children do not know how much you love them. Their view of you has been distorted by earthly fathers who did not know how to love. I desire to draw a picture of your perfect father heart, a heart that beats only for your children.

Thank you, Father, for choosing me to write your heart. Help me to be found faithful, doing what you have called me to do when you return to this earth. And Father, it is my sincere prayer that the weary ones you have assigned me will find a place of refreshing and hope to anchor their soul, in part, as a result of my obedience, and my intimate relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment